Aug 25, 2022
Going through a divorce at any age is difficult but doing it
near or in retirement adds all sorts of additional complications.
On part two of this conversation, we’ll talk about some of the
financial mistakes we see people make in the midst of a divorce
when it comes to other assets besides the house.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this
- The asset(s) you choose might have significant tax implications
that you need to factor into the decision.
- What is a QDRO and what does it mean for retirement savings
- Why we always recommend clients look at their beneficiaries on
retirement accounts during this process.
- How to take cash from a settlement and make them retirement
- The first steps any person thinking about divorce should be
taking to prepare their assets.
Check out part one:
Get additional financial information: https://sephtonfinancial.com/podcasts/